Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Days 2 & 3 - April 9th & 10th, 2009 - Back to Work

I'm glad that I work in a place where there's a lot of support! Many had already heard what had happened, some had not, all were shocked!

I spoke with the president of the company and he offered his support on behalf of himself and all of the employees. I got caught up on some e-mail and talked to a few folks. Needless to state, I didn't get a whole lot accomplished that day and Friday (4/10).

I was VERY pleasantly surprised by one individual I didn't really know all that well. I had talked to her here and there -just small talk at the microwave in the kitchen/lunch area. She had brought in two bags of clothes for my wife to try on and -this really surprised me- brought in an Easter basket (Thomas the Tank Engine themed) meant for her nephew, but since she wasn't going to see him for a couple of weeks, she decided to offer it to my son so that he had an Easter basket! She said that she'd make another one for her nephew. Wow! That was too cool!

If you find yourself lucky enough to be in the situation where you work in a place with such great people, count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment