Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 5 - April 12th, 2009 - Happy Easter...sort of

It was about 6:00 AM in the morning and my wife wakes me up calling to me from the top of the basement steps (at my in-law's, I was sleeping in the FINISHED basement while my wife and son slept upstairs). She told me she was having a bit of trouble breathing; she thought she was having an asthma attack.

I dragged myself out of bed and 911 was called. The ambulance came, the EMTs talked to my wife and took her to the hospital to be evaluated.

BRIEF ASIDE: There's absolutely no words I can adequately use to describe the respect I have for firemen and EMTs (throw in the police for good measure). It's easy to take these folks for granted...UNTIL YOU NEED THEM!

Down at the hospital, my wife was wheeled into one of the patient rooms and I schlepped myself to the waiting area where I waited for 2 or 3 hours. Luckily I had some reading material as well as several of those great infomercials -I expect my orders in soon ;-)

It turned out that my wife had an anxiety attack. That's understandable considering the stressful time we've been enduring this past week. She's fine, however, and I told her that she just needs to do her best to let things roll off of her back and take things one day (hour, minute, second) at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment